Connect with us

Entertainment

Naira Marley Finally Speaks On Mahbad’s Death, Begins Asking Nigerians questions

When the news of Mohbad’s death broke, many social media users pointed accusing fingers at Naira Marley and his associates.

Published

on

NairaMarley1
Naira Marley

Street singer, Azeez Fashola, better known as Naira Marley, has reacted to the death of music sensation, Ileriooluwa Oladimeji Aloba, with the stage name Mohbad.

VerseNews reports that Mohbad, who died on Tuesday at the age of 27, was one of Naira Marley’s signees.

He left Marlian Records on a controversial note in 2022, but still had issues with some of Naira Marley’s loyalists after his departure.

Advertisement

When the news of Mohbad’s death broke, many social media users pointed accusing fingers at Naira Marley and his associates.

VerseNews gathered that at the deceased’s burial, some persons even threatened to attack Naira Marley wherever they set their eyes on him.

But Naira Marley has denied having a hand in the death of his former signee.

In a statement issued on Friday night, Naira Marley said he was saddened by the departure of Mohbad.

Advertisement

He also said Mohbad deserved a befitting burial, adding that he would continue to reach out to his family.

Some social media users had expressed shock over the deserted area of Ikorodu, Lagos, where Mohbad was laid to rest.

One of the late singer’s in-laws had blamed the artiste’s family for choosing such location, saying he deserved better.

In a statement posted on his Instagram handle on Friday night, Naira Marley stated that Marlian Music was saddened that Mohbad didn’t get a befitting burial.

Advertisement

“Hey guys I’ve been shattered. Don’t even know what to type since. I’ve been so hurt walahi. But guys, let’s do this for Mohbad. I know internet can. Let us she light into this matter for Imole.”

“Mohbad is an incredible street pop star who contributed to the foundation of the Martian Music. Despite his departure last year we continually championed his talent.

“No family is perfect, families have disagreements but no harm whatsoever was wished on Mohbad. So many things left unsaid but the love was always there. This tragedy is not only a loss for us but to everyone you touched musically around the world.

Advertisement

“As we share our condolences to the late Mohbad, we would like to echo a call for a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding his death. We’re unhappy and unsettled with everything we have witnessed since Tuesday the 12th Sept. We owe it to Mohbad to assist with uncovering any foul play or injustice.

“Our brother deserved a better send off, it saddens us that we couldn’t assist with providing a befitting burial. We will continue our efforts to reach out to the family.”

Inquiring into the singer’s death, Naira Marley asked; “Where did he go? Who took him there? Who are the people he was with? Who was he last seen with? What was the nurse treating? Who is the nurse? Why was there no autopsy? Why was he buried so quick in that manner? Who paid the blog to say ear infection first? We owe imole this.”

Advertisement

Stay ahead with VerseNews. Get the latest breaking news, insightful analysis, and trending stories. Your go-to source for timely updates and unbiased reporting.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WATCH: Nigeria Newspaper Headline Today

Apply For Latest Job Openings

Trending

woman cries woman cries
News1 week ago

My Husband Makes Love From Midnight Till Dawn’ — Kaduna Woman Seeks divorce

A 37-year-old woman, Linda Stephen, has asked a Kaduna Customary Court to dissolve her six-year marriage,

peller peller
Entertainment1 week ago

Peller Faces Possible Ban as Nigerians Mass-Report His 9.6M TikTok Account

Popular TikToker Peller faces mass reports on his 9.6M-followers TikTok account after criticizing Nigerians for ranting about the government online.

NYSC dancing NYSC dancing
Education1 week ago

BREAKING: NYSC Begins Payment of N77,000 Monthly Allowance To Corps Members

The Federal Government has begun paying the N77,000 monthly NYSC allowance after a six-month delay, with some corps members confirming...

Timi Dakolo and Femi Lazarus Timi Dakolo and Femi Lazarus
Celebrity Gist2 weeks ago

How Apostle Femi Lazarus Is Selling Gift of Spirit God Gave Him for Free – Timi Dakolo

Timi Dakolo criticized Apostle Femi Lazarus for condemning gospel artistes who charge for ministrations while running a paid ministry school.

peter obi and tinubu peter obi and tinubu
Politics2 weeks ago

Presidency Warns Peter Obi Over ‘Collapsed Democracy’ Comment

Presidency dismissed Peter Obi’s claim that Nigeria’s democracy has collapsed, calling it exaggerated and baseless.

donald trump donald trump
World News2 weeks ago

Trump announces 25% tariff on countries buying Venezuelan oil

Trump announced a 25% tariff on countries purchasing Venezuelan oil, citing Venezuela's alleged hostility and criminal infiltration.

enugu imo police enugu imo police
News2 weeks ago

Anambra, Enugu Police Join Forces to Crush Border Crimes

The Anambra and Enugu State Police Commands have joined forces to combat cross-border crimes by sharing intelligence and resources.

airport airport
News2 weeks ago

US Warns Nigerians, Threatens Permanent Bans from Entering Country

The US has warned Nigerian travelers that overstaying their visas could result in a permanent ban from re-entering the country.

senator natasha akpoti senator natasha akpoti
Politics2 weeks ago

Plot to Remove Suspended Senator Natasha Deepens as Constituents File Recall Petition

Some constituents of Kogi Central have petitioned INEC to recall suspended Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, citing loss of confidence and misconduct.

surgery surgery
News2 weeks ago

Lagos to Sponsor Open-Heart Surgeries Worth ₦8.5 Million Each for 30 Indigent Patients

The Lagos State Government will provide free open-heart surgeries for 30 indigent patients, fully funded by Governor Sanwo-Olu.

Advertisement