fbpx
Connect with us

Celebrity Gist

JUST IN: Mohbad’s Family Breaks Silence On His Death, Naira Marley Reacts

The family of  late singer Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba, populary known as MohBad has released an official statement confirming his passing away.

Published

on

MohbadNairaMarley
Naira Marley and Mohbad

VerseNews reports that the statement was released through the singers’ management few hours after the news of his death went viral.

VerseNews had earlier reported that the fast arising talented artiste passed at the age of 27 years on Tuesday with multiple reports citing an ear infection as the cause.

The short statement posted on both his Instagram and X handles said ” It is with great sadness that we confirm the passing of Promise Oladimeji Aloba PK/A Mohbad (Imole) today, the 12th of September, 2023.

“Mohbad was light until the very end, and as we mourn the loss of the brightness he carried, the family thanks you for your love and prayers, and asks that you continue to respect their privacy during this difficult time.

See statement below:

statement1

This Online News Media learnt that before his demise, Mohbad has been involved in different controversies which includes the fracas he had with his label boss, Naira Marley, which led to his exit from the label.

The last interview he had with City FM has surfaced where he poured out his mind and expressed the pain he has been going through since he left the label.

He said: “I’m just trying to ask like am I a bad boy? I don’t really mean it from my mind. So I don’t know these people have been hating on me.

“They have been doing bad things on me, I went mad because of this issue, now they are trying to kill me. Everybody in the whole world please help me, if I die woh na Marlian music and Naira Marley kill me.

“Abeg if I die like this, God, please help me. Look at all these people sha my God will never fuck me up, never. I’m in Idado estate,” he said.

“I’m going to the hospital right now, Oh my God. I’m fucked up by many people, I don’t trust anybody.”

Reacting to Mohbad’s death, Naira Marley used ‘heartbreak’ emoticons to express his grief over the young singer’s death.

See his reaction below:

NairaMarleyReact

Stay ahead with VerseNews. Get the latest breaking news, insightful analysis, and trending stories. Your go-to source for timely updates and unbiased reporting.

Click to comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WATCH: Nigeria Newspaper Headline Today

Apply For Latest Job Openings

Trending

Cubana Chief Priest Advises Yahaya Bello Cubana Chief Priest Advises Yahaya Bello
Celebrity Gist17 hours ago

‘No Need To Run’, Cubana Chief Priest Advises Yahaya Bello

Cubana Chief Priest advises Yahaya Bello to cooperate with the EFCC if summoned, sharing his own experience of being arraigned...

Nigeria Correctional Service Nigeria Correctional Service
Entertainment19 hours ago

Nigeria Correctional Service Clarifies Bobrisky’s Relocation From Ikoyi Prison To Kirikiri

The Nigeria Correctional Service clarified that Bobrisky remains at Ikoyi Prison, denying rumors of his relocation to Kirikiri Prison.

engagement farming engagement farming
Tech19 hours ago

Elon Musk Cracks Down On Engagement Farming On X, Threatens Suspension

Elon Musk has warned against engagement farming on the platform, threatening to suspend accounts that practice it.

NAFDAC Raids Sahad Stores NAFDAC Raids Sahad Stores
News19 hours ago

NAFDAC Raids Sahad Stores And H-Medix In Abuja, Confiscates N50m Worth Fake Cosmetics, Drugs

NAFDAC Raids Sahad Stores in Abuja, seizing counterfeit cosmetics and drugs in a series of operations across various locations.

Tunde Onakoya Tunde Onakoya
Entertainment20 hours ago

Guinness World Record: Davido Backs Nigerian Chess Master Tunde Onakoya in New York

Tunde Onakoya is receiving significant support, including from Afrobeat star Davido, as he attempts to break the Guinness World Record...

Yahaya Bello's Police Escort Yahaya Bello's Police Escort
News23 hours ago

BREAKING: IGP Withdraws Yahaya Bello’s Police Escort

IGP orders withdrawal of Yahaya Bello's police escort, citing compliance with utmost importance.

Governor Ododo Governor Ododo
Politics23 hours ago

Governor Ododo’s Move To Shield Yahaya Bello Sets A Dangerous Precedent

Governor Ododo's recent intervention to whisk former Kogi State Governor Yahaya Bello away during an ongoing investigation by the EFCC...

Yahaya Bello On Watchlist Yahaya Bello On Watchlist
Politics23 hours ago

BREAKING: FG Places Yahaya Bello On Watchlist, Immigration Alerts DSS

FG has placed Yahaya Bello on watchlist amidst allegations of N80.2 billion money laundering.

Moniepoint POS Charges Moniepoint POS Charges
Business1 day ago

Moniepoint POS Charges List

Moniepoint POS Charges List: For withdrawals, they charge 0.5% for transactions under N20,000 and a flat N100 for higher amounts.

4U supermarket 4U supermarket
News1 day ago

BREAKING: FCCPC Shuts Down Popular 4U Supermarket In Abuja

FCCPC has launched a campaign at 4U Supermarket in Wuse 2, Abuja, to enforce price display and quantity compliance.