Connect with us

News

26-Year-Old Woman Stabs Man To Death Over ‘More Sex’ Demand

Sarah, a Senior Secondary School 3 dropout, left her hometown in Ebonyi State in 2016.

Published

on

woman stab
Sarah Nwankpo

Twenty-six-year-old Sarah Nwankpo is in custody at the Rivers State Criminal Investigation Department for the murder of her male friend, Igbodike Anthony, in Port Harcourt.

VerseNews reports that during interrogation, she admitted to stabbing him during an argument over further sexual activity.

It was discovered that she had sneaked out of her boyfriend’s place for the deceased’s residence on December 22, 2023.

Advertisement

Sarah, a Senior Secondary School 3 dropout, left her hometown in Ebonyi State in 2016.

The incident occurred four months after she moved to Port Harcourt.

She claimed the deceased had been calling her to visit, and on December 22, 2023, she visited him, leading to the fatal argument.

The incident, as gathered, occurred four months after she moved into Port Harcourt. She claimed that the deceased had been disturbing her with calls to visit him.

Advertisement

She said: “I met him (late Igbodike ) in 2017, in Enugu. When I left my hometown, I went to Enugu where I had two children for a man. I left Enugu for Port Harcourt in August 2023.

“In Port Harcourt, I started dating a man, Joe Ibanga. But I always received calls from Anthony, inviting me to come visit him. Sometimes he sent me money for transport. But I declined because of my relationship with Ibanga.

“On December 22, 2023, he called again and invited me to come over to his place.

“I took an Okada (commercial motorbike) from my residence in Aluu, to meet with Anthony at Kilimanjaro, by Choba junction. He paid the okada rider N500.”

Advertisement

She further stated that she accompanied him to pay his staff their salary for December.

She continued: “Thereafter, he took me out for shopping on groceries. We went to his apartment at Mercy-land extension, Obiri-Ikwerre. He told me to prepare a meal for him. He had his shower, ate and we had sex. We recorded the sessions for keeps.”

During discussion, she said when she opened up on her affairs with Ibanga, “he laughed at the idea of me dealing with the challenges of raising children and struggling with a relationship that was not financially rewarding.

He offered to help me out of poverty if I discontinued my relationship with Ibanga and married him instead.

Advertisement

He assured me he would offer me a job in his establishment in January 2024 and that he would make me a Manager at his firm. I agreed to visit him again after a week so that we could begin plans to live our lives together.”

However, she stated that a few minutes later, the enthusiasm to pitch a tent with Anthony died, thereby prompting her to announce that she would be leaving his house that evening.

She said: “When I informed him about the sudden change in feeling, he suggested we go to a club and buy shawarma. But I refused, insisting that I wanted to go home.

“After much persuasion from him to spend the night with him, I agreed. I put on one of his pairs of shorts and a shirt and went to the kitchen to prepare dinner for us.

Advertisement

“When he finished eating, he told me to caress him. I obliged but later opted out when he demanded sex. I told him I was no longer comfortable.

“My rejection provoked him. He told me to dress up and leave his house. By then it was 10 p.m. I refused to leave and stood up to challenge him. A verbal war ensued.

“He slapped me. I reacted and a fight ensued. He locked the door, picked up a walking cane and threatened to beat me with it.

“In my confused state, I dialed my boyfriend’s number (Ibanga) and tried to explain to him what was happening and begged him to come for my help. But he hung up and never called back.

Advertisement

“Anthony held me as I tried to open the door. I screamed for help, but no one heard me let alone to rescue me. During the fight, he dropped the walking cane. I reached out for it and noticed that it had a detachable holding head.

“I quickly detached the head and saw that a dagger was attached to it. As he charged at me, I stabbed him with the dagger,” she said.

Her attempt to escape from the scene and abandon the bleeding man was resisted, as Anthony held her hair with all his might.

Advertisement

As she made to step out of the apartment and at the same time struggling to release his grip from her head, the owner of the building and his family members were alerted. They were said to have raised the alarm that jostled other occupants from sleep.

While efforts were being made to rush the dying man to the hospital, some tenants overheard the suspect making calls. They seized her phone and locked her up in the victim’s apartment, until the arrival of a team of policemen at about 1 a.m. of December 23, 2023.

The suspect was taken into custody where news of the death of Igbodike’s death reached her.

The widow of the deceased was also said to have visited the State CID for an explanation of how her husband died.

Advertisement

Commissioner of Police, Rivers State Police Command, CP Olatunji Disu, who reacted to the incident, called for caution and restraint in every relationship.

He said, “This serves as a reminder that violence is never the answer and can lead to devastating consequences for all parties involved. The investigation into this case is ongoing.”

WhatsAppCOnnect

Stay ahead with VerseNews. Get the latest breaking news, insightful analysis, and trending stories. Your go-to source for timely updates and unbiased reporting.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WATCH: Nigeria Newspaper Headline Today

Apply For Latest Job Openings

Trending

woman cries woman cries
News1 week ago

My Husband Makes Love From Midnight Till Dawn’ — Kaduna Woman Seeks divorce

A 37-year-old woman, Linda Stephen, has asked a Kaduna Customary Court to dissolve her six-year marriage,

peller peller
Entertainment1 week ago

Peller Faces Possible Ban as Nigerians Mass-Report His 9.6M TikTok Account

Popular TikToker Peller faces mass reports on his 9.6M-followers TikTok account after criticizing Nigerians for ranting about the government online.

NYSC dancing NYSC dancing
Education1 week ago

BREAKING: NYSC Begins Payment of N77,000 Monthly Allowance To Corps Members

The Federal Government has begun paying the N77,000 monthly NYSC allowance after a six-month delay, with some corps members confirming...

Timi Dakolo and Femi Lazarus Timi Dakolo and Femi Lazarus
Celebrity Gist1 week ago

How Apostle Femi Lazarus Is Selling Gift of Spirit God Gave Him for Free – Timi Dakolo

Timi Dakolo criticized Apostle Femi Lazarus for condemning gospel artistes who charge for ministrations while running a paid ministry school.

peter obi and tinubu peter obi and tinubu
Politics1 week ago

Presidency Warns Peter Obi Over ‘Collapsed Democracy’ Comment

Presidency dismissed Peter Obi’s claim that Nigeria’s democracy has collapsed, calling it exaggerated and baseless.

donald trump donald trump
World News1 week ago

Trump announces 25% tariff on countries buying Venezuelan oil

Trump announced a 25% tariff on countries purchasing Venezuelan oil, citing Venezuela's alleged hostility and criminal infiltration.

enugu imo police enugu imo police
News1 week ago

Anambra, Enugu Police Join Forces to Crush Border Crimes

The Anambra and Enugu State Police Commands have joined forces to combat cross-border crimes by sharing intelligence and resources.

airport airport
News1 week ago

US Warns Nigerians, Threatens Permanent Bans from Entering Country

The US has warned Nigerian travelers that overstaying their visas could result in a permanent ban from re-entering the country.

senator natasha akpoti senator natasha akpoti
Politics2 weeks ago

Plot to Remove Suspended Senator Natasha Deepens as Constituents File Recall Petition

Some constituents of Kogi Central have petitioned INEC to recall suspended Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, citing loss of confidence and misconduct.

surgery surgery
News2 weeks ago

Lagos to Sponsor Open-Heart Surgeries Worth ₦8.5 Million Each for 30 Indigent Patients

The Lagos State Government will provide free open-heart surgeries for 30 indigent patients, fully funded by Governor Sanwo-Olu.

Advertisement