Celebrity Gist
Cubana Chief Priest Breaks Silence After He loses APC Ticket for Reps Seat
Celebrity businessman Cubana Chief Priest has denied participating in the APC primary election for the Orsu/Orlu/Oru East Federal Constituency seat.
- Celebrity businessman Cubana Chief Priest has denied participating in the APC primary election for the Orsu/Orlu/Oru East Federal Constituency seat.

Celebrity businessman and socialite Cubana Chief Priest, whose real name is Pascal Okechukwu, has denied participating in the All Progressives Congress (APC) primary election for the Orsu/Orlu/Oru East Federal Constituency seat in Imo State.
The nightlife entrepreneur said he voluntarily withdrew from the race after Governor Hope Uzodimma explained the party’s zoning arrangement to him.
Okechukwu made the clarification in a series of Instagram story posts on Sunday, days after a viral video surfaced in which he appeared disappointed over the outcome of the primary election.
In the earlier video, Cubana Chief Priest had stated that his only regret was “trusting the elders in the community,” while also claiming that only 14 people voted for him during the APC primary.
The celebrity businessman had sought the APC ticket for the Orsu/Orlu/Oru East Federal Constituency seat ahead of the 2027 general elections but eventually lost to incumbent lawmaker Canice Nwachukwu.
However, in his latest statement, Okechukwu insisted that he never participated in the primary election.
Describing himself as “a loyal party man and committed progressive,” he explained that his consultations with Governor Hope Uzodimma helped him understand and respect the party’s zoning position.
According to him, the APC leadership maintained that Orlu Local Government Area should complete at least two terms in the House of Representatives before the seat rotates to another local government area.
“He made the argument that it was not the turn of my Local Government Area to occupy the seat at this time, especially considering that my elder brother, Asiwaju Jerry Alagboso, had previously served three terms in the House,” he wrote.
Cubana Chief Priest said his political ambition was motivated by concerns about the performance of the current representative of the constituency.
“My decision and resolve to aspire for the office was born out of my conviction that the current holder of the office was not living up to the expectations and aspirations of our people,” he stated.
He further explained that once the party adopted its zoning arrangement and directed preferred aspirants to proceed to the field, he completely stepped aside from the process.
“In respect for the party and its leadership, I chose not to proceed to the field, and indeed, I never did. Nobody will say they saw me anywhere around the primaries venue. In fact I did not participate. As I headed straight back to Lagos,” he wrote.
According to him, the party’s position was communicated to him in the early hours of Saturday before the primary election.
“Immediately the party’s decision was communicated to me in the early hours of Saturday before the primaries, I stayed away completely in respect of the leadership and the internal understanding reached,” he added.
The socialite also dismissed online reactions surrounding the issue, describing them as unnecessary propaganda aimed at using his name for social media attention.
“It is laughable that some misguided elements are attempting to use my name for unnecessary trending and online propaganda,” he said.
Responding to claims that he owed supporters financially over the failed political ambition, Cubana Chief Priest denied being indebted to anyone.
DON’T MISS: Yahaya Bello, Senator Karimi Cleared for APC Senatorial Primaries in Kogi
“I am not indebted to anybody over my aspiration. The aspiration was entirely mine, driven by my personal conviction and desire to serve,” he stated.
He also maintained that he had no regrets about raising political awareness in his constituency ahead of the primary election.
Following his failed bid, Seyi Tinubu, son of President Bola Tinubu, publicly encouraged him on Instagram, writing:
“Bro, sometimes by losing a battle, you find a new way to win the war.”
Cubana Chief Priest concluded by reaffirming his loyalty to the APC and pledging continued support for President Bola Tinubu’s 2027 re-election campaign through the City Boy Movement.
“The APC remains my party, today and always. I remain loyal and committed to the ideals and leadership of our great party,” he wrote.


