Connect with us

News

Kidnappers Kill Eldest Of Six Sisters Abducted In Abuja Over Failed Payment Of N60m Ransom

The gunmen later released their father, asking him to go get N60m as ransom for the release of his daughters…

Published

on

WhatsApp Image 2024 01 14 at 01.45.22 47040d2a
The abducted girls and their father

A young Nigerian woman who has been identified as Najeebah has been reportedly killed by kidnappers

VerseNews gathered that the deceased was abducted on January 9, 2024, alongside five other sisters and their father in Abuja.

The gunmen later released their father, asking him to go get N60m as ransom for the release of his daughters before Friday, January 12.

Advertisement

In a bid to raise money, Nigerians were urged to donate whatever they have into a bank account, but not enough money was gathered as of Friday.

Consequently, the hoodlums reportedly killed the oldest of the six girls, Najeebah, and dumped her body somewhere for her parents to bury.

Nabeeha, a 400-level student of biological science, Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, was laid to rest according to Islamic rites on Saturday.

Others abducted included Najeebah (500 level, Quantity Surveying), Nadheerah (300 level, Zoology)

Advertisement

The student’s death sparked outrage on X, formerly Twitter, with many users calling on security agencies to intensify efforts to rescue the remaining persons in captivity.

Condoling with the family, former Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Prof. Isa Pantami wrote on his verified “X” page: “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Raajiun! I just read about the killing of our daughter Nabeeha (400 level, ABU). I also spoke with her father about the remaining 5 of our kidnapped daughters. May Allah forgive her, rescue others & bring absolute peace in Nigeria #Najeebahandhersisters”

@MFaarees: “El Rufai was right when he said there’s nothing like Northern Elders, ’cause we don’t in any way feel their presence, relevance or importance, for how long have we been suffering? They don’t speak, they don’t do anything! Respect is earned, not forced! #Najeebahandhersisters”

A former Senator representing Kaduna Central, Shehu Sani, said: “The gruesome murder of Nabeeeha Al-kadriyar is a condemnable act of evil before our very eyes.Her death was an avoidable tragedy.The perpetrators must be brought to justice.The deterioration of security within the federal capital should be a matter of urgent concern to our security services.May her soul rest in peace.Amin.”

Advertisement

Bashir Ahmah, a former presidential aide, said: “I join fellow concerned Nigerians in urgently calling on the @PoliceNG through its PPRO @PrinceMoye1 to acknowledge and respond to the unfortunate incident involving the kidnapping of Najeebah and five of her sisters #NajeebahAndHerSisters more than a week ago.

“The information shared by a family member @Adamu_Asiya_ this morning indicated that the kidnappers have tragically killed Najeebah as a warning and demanded a N100 million ransom for the release of the remaining victims.”

@Halal_Match: “Dear Muslim Ummah, our sisters (Nabeeha & her sisters) are kidnapped, please support with all you can. Indeed we are one nation . Whatever affects one part, affects the other”

@lilinbaba_ said: “It is with great displeasure and discontentment we received the passing of Nabeeha. This reoccurring tragedy of endless kidnapping in the north needs to stop. I’m urging our security officers to double their efforts in fighting these criminal syndicates. May her soul rest in peace”

Advertisement

@dev_maims: Even if it doesn’t affect you, lend your voice it’ll go a long way. We pray for your safe return and every other person being held captive #Najeebahandhersisters”

Meanwhile, spokesperson of the Nigeria Police Force, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, has emphasised that the police and other security agencies had been on the matter to rescue the abducted persons.

In a statement, Adejobi said Kayode Egbetokun, the Inspector General, had directed that tactical intelligence units be expanded in order to combat kidnapping.

Advertisement

The statement said: “In the wake of the abduction of six young girls in the Bwari Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory, it is vital to state that the Police Force has already initiated a comprehensive plan of action. The Force Headquarters is diligently coordinating efforts to address this and prevent any further occurrence, as all hands are on deck to rescue the victims.

“However, the sensitivity of the situation necessitates discretion, and as a result, specific details are being kept confidential to avoid compromising ongoing operations.

“The NPF is actively engaging and contacting individuals crucial to the rescue operations and investigation. The objective is not only to bring perpetrators to justice but also to intensify efforts in rescue operations for victims still in captivity.

“Furthermore, recognizing the psychological impact on affected families, the Police are encouraging open communication with their operatives to provide support, information, and assistance to mitigate the psychological warfare imposed by kidnappers on the relatives and loved ones of their victims.”

Advertisement
WhatsAppCOnnect

Stay ahead with VerseNews. Get the latest breaking news, insightful analysis, and trending stories. Your go-to source for timely updates and unbiased reporting.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WATCH: Nigeria Newspaper Headline Today

Apply For Latest Job Openings

Trending

woman cries woman cries
News1 week ago

My Husband Makes Love From Midnight Till Dawn’ — Kaduna Woman Seeks divorce

A 37-year-old woman, Linda Stephen, has asked a Kaduna Customary Court to dissolve her six-year marriage,

peller peller
Entertainment1 week ago

Peller Faces Possible Ban as Nigerians Mass-Report His 9.6M TikTok Account

Popular TikToker Peller faces mass reports on his 9.6M-followers TikTok account after criticizing Nigerians for ranting about the government online.

NYSC dancing NYSC dancing
Education1 week ago

BREAKING: NYSC Begins Payment of N77,000 Monthly Allowance To Corps Members

The Federal Government has begun paying the N77,000 monthly NYSC allowance after a six-month delay, with some corps members confirming...

Timi Dakolo and Femi Lazarus Timi Dakolo and Femi Lazarus
Celebrity Gist2 weeks ago

How Apostle Femi Lazarus Is Selling Gift of Spirit God Gave Him for Free – Timi Dakolo

Timi Dakolo criticized Apostle Femi Lazarus for condemning gospel artistes who charge for ministrations while running a paid ministry school.

peter obi and tinubu peter obi and tinubu
Politics2 weeks ago

Presidency Warns Peter Obi Over ‘Collapsed Democracy’ Comment

Presidency dismissed Peter Obi’s claim that Nigeria’s democracy has collapsed, calling it exaggerated and baseless.

donald trump donald trump
World News2 weeks ago

Trump announces 25% tariff on countries buying Venezuelan oil

Trump announced a 25% tariff on countries purchasing Venezuelan oil, citing Venezuela's alleged hostility and criminal infiltration.

enugu imo police enugu imo police
News2 weeks ago

Anambra, Enugu Police Join Forces to Crush Border Crimes

The Anambra and Enugu State Police Commands have joined forces to combat cross-border crimes by sharing intelligence and resources.

airport airport
News2 weeks ago

US Warns Nigerians, Threatens Permanent Bans from Entering Country

The US has warned Nigerian travelers that overstaying their visas could result in a permanent ban from re-entering the country.

senator natasha akpoti senator natasha akpoti
Politics2 weeks ago

Plot to Remove Suspended Senator Natasha Deepens as Constituents File Recall Petition

Some constituents of Kogi Central have petitioned INEC to recall suspended Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, citing loss of confidence and misconduct.

surgery surgery
News2 weeks ago

Lagos to Sponsor Open-Heart Surgeries Worth ₦8.5 Million Each for 30 Indigent Patients

The Lagos State Government will provide free open-heart surgeries for 30 indigent patients, fully funded by Governor Sanwo-Olu.

Advertisement