Connect with us

Education

NECO Releases 2023 SSCE Results, Abia Students Emerge Overall Best

The 2023 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) has been made public by the…

Published

on

neco 1
National Examinations Council (NECO)

The 2023 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) has been made public by the National Examinations Council (NECO), 58 days after the final paper was submitted on August 11.

VerseNews learnt that the 2023 SSCE was the best in recent memory, according to NECO Registrar Prof. Dantani Ibrahim Wushishi, who was speaking at a press conference to announce the results in Minna, Niger State.

According to the NECO boss, who provided a breakdown of the candidates’ performance, 737,308 candidates, or 61.6% of the total applicant pool, received five or more credits, including English and mathematics.

Advertisement

A total of 1,196,985 people, including 616,398 men and 580,587 women, took the exam, according to Wushishi, and 1,013,611 of them received five or more credits, regardless of their proficiency in English or mathematics. This represents an 84.6% pass rate.

The 2023 SSCE internal was held from Monday, July 10, to Friday, August 11, while the marking period ran from Wednesday, August 30, to Friday, September 15, 2023.

He asserts that the management wanted to make sure that the full results were disclosed, so the 2023 SSCE results were released 58 days after the last written paper.

He stated that out of the 1,542 candidates who took the exam, 913 had hearing impairment and 162 had visual impairment.

Advertisement

Other candidates have 103 cases of albinism, 61 cases of autism, 149 cases of low vision, and 154 cases of adermatoglyphia, among others.

The number of candidates engaged in various forms of malpractice in 2023 is 12,030, or 0.07 percent, compared to 13,594 or 0.13 percent in 2022, according to Wushishi.

“It gladdens my heart to notify you that reports we have received so far indicate that the 2023 SSCE Internal has been certified the best in recent times. We are very thankful to God for this and to all those that made it possible.

“Number of candidates registered for the examination is 1,205,888, representing 621,084 males and 584,804 Females.

Advertisement

“Number of candidates that sat is 1,196,985, representing 616,398 Males and 580,587 females. Number of candidates with five Credits and above, including English and Mathematics is 737,308, representing 61.60%.

“Number of candidates with five Credits and above, irrespective of English and Mathematics is 1,013,611, representing 84.68%.

“Number of candidates with special needs is 1,542, with the breakdown as follows: 913 candidates with hearing impairment 162 candidates with visual impairment 103 candidates with Albinism, 61 candidates with Autism, 149 candidates with low vision 154 candidates with Adermatoglyphia, i.e. candidates with no fingerprints

“Number of candidates involved in various forms of malpractice in 2023 is 12,030 (0.07%) as against 13,594 (0.13%) in 2022 representing 61.60%,” he said.

Advertisement

Wushishi also mentioned that 93 schools that were discovered to have engaged in widespread cheating will be invited to the Council for discussion and will then face the proper sanctions.

“Similarly, fifty two (52) Supervisors were recommended for blacklisting due to poor Supervision, Aiding and Abetting during the examination,” he said.

Additionally, he stated that with 85.53 percent, Abia State had the most candidates with five credits or more, including English and Mathematics. Adamawa State came in second with 51.5 percent, and Kebbi State came in last with a performance of 0.310 percent.

Advertisement

Stay ahead with VerseNews. Get the latest breaking news, insightful analysis, and trending stories. Your go-to source for timely updates and unbiased reporting.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WATCH: Nigeria Newspaper Headline Today

Apply For Latest Job Openings

Trending

woman cries woman cries
News1 week ago

My Husband Makes Love From Midnight Till Dawn’ — Kaduna Woman Seeks divorce

A 37-year-old woman, Linda Stephen, has asked a Kaduna Customary Court to dissolve her six-year marriage,

peller peller
Entertainment1 week ago

Peller Faces Possible Ban as Nigerians Mass-Report His 9.6M TikTok Account

Popular TikToker Peller faces mass reports on his 9.6M-followers TikTok account after criticizing Nigerians for ranting about the government online.

NYSC dancing NYSC dancing
Education1 week ago

BREAKING: NYSC Begins Payment of N77,000 Monthly Allowance To Corps Members

The Federal Government has begun paying the N77,000 monthly NYSC allowance after a six-month delay, with some corps members confirming...

Timi Dakolo and Femi Lazarus Timi Dakolo and Femi Lazarus
Celebrity Gist2 weeks ago

How Apostle Femi Lazarus Is Selling Gift of Spirit God Gave Him for Free – Timi Dakolo

Timi Dakolo criticized Apostle Femi Lazarus for condemning gospel artistes who charge for ministrations while running a paid ministry school.

peter obi and tinubu peter obi and tinubu
Politics2 weeks ago

Presidency Warns Peter Obi Over ‘Collapsed Democracy’ Comment

Presidency dismissed Peter Obi’s claim that Nigeria’s democracy has collapsed, calling it exaggerated and baseless.

donald trump donald trump
World News2 weeks ago

Trump announces 25% tariff on countries buying Venezuelan oil

Trump announced a 25% tariff on countries purchasing Venezuelan oil, citing Venezuela's alleged hostility and criminal infiltration.

enugu imo police enugu imo police
News2 weeks ago

Anambra, Enugu Police Join Forces to Crush Border Crimes

The Anambra and Enugu State Police Commands have joined forces to combat cross-border crimes by sharing intelligence and resources.

airport airport
News2 weeks ago

US Warns Nigerians, Threatens Permanent Bans from Entering Country

The US has warned Nigerian travelers that overstaying their visas could result in a permanent ban from re-entering the country.

senator natasha akpoti senator natasha akpoti
Politics2 weeks ago

Plot to Remove Suspended Senator Natasha Deepens as Constituents File Recall Petition

Some constituents of Kogi Central have petitioned INEC to recall suspended Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, citing loss of confidence and misconduct.

surgery surgery
News2 weeks ago

Lagos to Sponsor Open-Heart Surgeries Worth ₦8.5 Million Each for 30 Indigent Patients

The Lagos State Government will provide free open-heart surgeries for 30 indigent patients, fully funded by Governor Sanwo-Olu.

Advertisement