Connect with us

Entertainment

Police Have Released MohBad’s Remains But His Father Don’t Want Him Buried – Late Singer’s Mum Cries For Help

According to her, Mohbad’s corpse has been released since the completion of the autopsy…

Published

on

mother mohbad father
Mrs Olumiyi

Police Have Released Mohbad’s Remains But His Father Don’t Want Him Buried – Mohbad’s mother cries out to Nigerians

Mrs Olumiyi, the mother to late singer Ilerioluwa Aloba, popularly known as MohBad, has alleged that the father of the deceased is behind the reason he is not buried insisting that the police had released the body but awaiting the family to come take it for burial.

VerseNews reports that Olumiyi made this claim in a viral video on Tuesday while seeking support from Nigerians to appeal to the father to collect the remains of the singer from Lagos State Police Command.

According to her, Mohbad’s corpse has been released since the completion of the autopsy by the pathologist assigned by the police.

Advertisement

She said, “Nigerians, I cry to you to help demand the release of my son’s corpse. I pray that you will not witness your children’s death too.

“Mohbad’s corpse has been released since the completion of the autopsy but his father has refused to let his corpse be released for burial despite me begging him repeatedly.

“I went to the Lagos State Commissioner of Police last week, and he told me that Mohbad’s remains had been released before now questioning why we are letting his body waste away and if we are happy that he’s dead,” she added.

She further appealed to youths home and abroad, friends of the former Marlian Music signee to come to her aid as the matter was becoming unbearable for her, adding that Mohbad’s body had been wandering around since he had been exhumed and that she had no peace too.

Advertisement

“All of you that have gone to exhume Mohbad’s body should wake up now and insist that he be buried. It is not like I have not been willing to voice out since but I leave everything to God. All the things the father has been saying are also left to God.”

VerseNews had earlier reported that Joseph Aloba, the father of the late singer has stated that nobody should collect his son’s body for burial without his authorisation.

He made this known in a video shared on TikTok on Sunday.

“When this boy was alive, he was alive. When he go, he still retained my name. Nobody should go there and take his body, please,” he warned.

Advertisement

The singer’s father added, “If they want to do anything there, I’ll be the one to authorise them. Nobody should go and carry MohBad’s body from there.”

Today being Tuesday, November 21, 2023, makes it two months since the corpse of the late Mohbad was exhumed and an autopsy commenced to unravel the cause of the death of the singer.

Mohbad’s death on September 12 sparked controversies in Nigeria and beyond which prompted the police to set up an investigative team to determine what led to the singer’s demise.

Advertisement

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, had tweeted in September that an “autopsy has been concluded” and the police were “awaiting result.”

When asked by one of our correspondents on Monday about the release of Mohbad’s autopsy report, Hundeyin disclosed that the command had yet to get the report officially.

Hundeyin said, “The autopsy report has not been given to us. Some people have been carrying rumours that it’s ready. It’s one thing for it to be ready, it’s another thing for it to be given to us officially – that we would receive and sign a copy that we have received it. So, we don’t work with rumours, we work with facts.”

WhatsAppCOnnect

Stay ahead with VerseNews. Get the latest breaking news, insightful analysis, and trending stories. Your go-to source for timely updates and unbiased reporting.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WATCH: Nigeria Newspaper Headline Today

Apply For Latest Job Openings

Trending

woman cries woman cries
News1 week ago

My Husband Makes Love From Midnight Till Dawn’ — Kaduna Woman Seeks divorce

A 37-year-old woman, Linda Stephen, has asked a Kaduna Customary Court to dissolve her six-year marriage,

peller peller
Entertainment1 week ago

Peller Faces Possible Ban as Nigerians Mass-Report His 9.6M TikTok Account

Popular TikToker Peller faces mass reports on his 9.6M-followers TikTok account after criticizing Nigerians for ranting about the government online.

NYSC dancing NYSC dancing
Education1 week ago

BREAKING: NYSC Begins Payment of N77,000 Monthly Allowance To Corps Members

The Federal Government has begun paying the N77,000 monthly NYSC allowance after a six-month delay, with some corps members confirming...

Timi Dakolo and Femi Lazarus Timi Dakolo and Femi Lazarus
Celebrity Gist2 weeks ago

How Apostle Femi Lazarus Is Selling Gift of Spirit God Gave Him for Free – Timi Dakolo

Timi Dakolo criticized Apostle Femi Lazarus for condemning gospel artistes who charge for ministrations while running a paid ministry school.

peter obi and tinubu peter obi and tinubu
Politics2 weeks ago

Presidency Warns Peter Obi Over ‘Collapsed Democracy’ Comment

Presidency dismissed Peter Obi’s claim that Nigeria’s democracy has collapsed, calling it exaggerated and baseless.

donald trump donald trump
World News2 weeks ago

Trump announces 25% tariff on countries buying Venezuelan oil

Trump announced a 25% tariff on countries purchasing Venezuelan oil, citing Venezuela's alleged hostility and criminal infiltration.

enugu imo police enugu imo police
News2 weeks ago

Anambra, Enugu Police Join Forces to Crush Border Crimes

The Anambra and Enugu State Police Commands have joined forces to combat cross-border crimes by sharing intelligence and resources.

airport airport
News2 weeks ago

US Warns Nigerians, Threatens Permanent Bans from Entering Country

The US has warned Nigerian travelers that overstaying their visas could result in a permanent ban from re-entering the country.

senator natasha akpoti senator natasha akpoti
Politics2 weeks ago

Plot to Remove Suspended Senator Natasha Deepens as Constituents File Recall Petition

Some constituents of Kogi Central have petitioned INEC to recall suspended Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, citing loss of confidence and misconduct.

surgery surgery
News2 weeks ago

Lagos to Sponsor Open-Heart Surgeries Worth ₦8.5 Million Each for 30 Indigent Patients

The Lagos State Government will provide free open-heart surgeries for 30 indigent patients, fully funded by Governor Sanwo-Olu.

Advertisement