Connect with us

News

ISWAP Fighters Ambush Nigerian Military Convoy, Abduct Brigade Commander

Suspected ISWAP militants ambushed a Nigerian military convoy in northeastern Nigeria, killing multiple soldiers and Civilian Joint Task Force members.

Published

on

boko haram
ISWAP Fighters
  • Suspected ISWAP militants ambushed a Nigerian military convoy in northeastern Nigeria, killing multiple soldiers and Civilian Joint Task Force members.

Terrorists suspected to be Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) fighters ambushed a Nigerian military convoy late Friday night in northeastern Nigeria, killing multiple soldiers and members of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF).

The attackers, described as armed and highly organised, targeted the convoy in what appears to have been a coordinated strike, causing widespread casualties and panic in the region.

In a significant escalation, the insurgents reportedly abducted a serving Brigade Commander along with other military personnel. If confirmed, this would mark the first time a Nigerian extremist group has successfully captured a serving General directly from the frontline.

According to HumAngle:

VN62

“ISWAP fighters last night ambushed a Nigerian military convoy, killing several soldiers and members of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF). In an unprecedented escalation, the insurgents abducted a Brigade Commander alongside other troops.”

DON’T MISS: FG Signs Data-Sharing Deal with 100+ Countries to Track Nigerian Remote Workers, Online Income Earners

Advertisement

The Nigerian Army has yet to issue an official statement on the attack or confirm the fate of the abducted officer.

In related developments, Senator Ali Ndume, representing Borno South (APC), condemned renewed terrorist attacks in his constituency, calling the situation “deeply worrisome” and unacceptable.

Ndume reported that four farmers were gruesomely murdered while harvesting crops in Kwam village, near Dille community, Askira-Uba Local Government Area, highlighting the vulnerability of remote communities despite ongoing military operations.

“I am very much perturbed over the renewed attacks by Boko Haram terrorists in some parts of my constituency in the last week. These attacks led to the killing of four farmers while harvesting their crops in Kwam village,” Ndume said.

Advertisement
VN62

The senator added that these killings were not isolated, citing previous incidents where insurgents set a church and other structures ablaze in Pemi and attacked Shikarkir community in Chibok LGA. He criticized the inability of security forces to maintain a sustained presence in remote areas, which has emboldened insurgents to carry out attacks with impunity.

Stay ahead with VerseNews. Get the latest breaking news, insightful analysis, and trending stories. Your go-to source for timely updates and unbiased reporting.

Advertisement

WATCH: Nigeria Newspaper Headline Today

Apply For Latest Job Openings

Trending

Bruno Bruno
Sports7 hours ago

Man United Captain Bruno Fernandes Wins Premier League Player of the Season

Manchester United captain Bruno Fernandes has been crowned Premier League Player of the Season...

Rotimi Amaechi ADC Rotimi Amaechi ADC
Politics7 hours ago

I’m the Most Experienced, Most Electable Candidate in ADC — Amaechi

Former Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi has declared himself the most qualified presidential aspirant in the African Democratic Congress ahead...

Abia Governor Alex Otti Abia Governor Alex Otti
News8 hours ago

‘Abia Under Me Has Changed Completely’ – Alex Otti Reveals Major Achievements After Three Years in Office

Abia State Governor Alex Otti says his administration has constructed over 400 roads across the state and reduced Abia’s debt...

460840885 1330647207915400 3100274530716194674 n 460840885 1330647207915400 3100274530716194674 n
Entertainment9 hours ago

‘I Started Smoking in JSS3’ — Ebuka Opens Up on 13-Year Addiction Battle

Media personality Ebuka Obi-Uchendu has opened up about his long battle with smoking addiction.

hunger woman hunger woman
News9 hours ago

35 Million Nigerians Risk Acute Hunger in Coming Months — UN Warns

The United Nations on Friday warned that about 35 million Nigerians are at risk of acute hunger from June to...

ahmusys ahmusys
Entertainment10 hours ago

‘Why I Froze My Eggs at 30’ — Ashmusy Reveals

Nigerian content creator Ashmusy has opened up about freezing her eggs, failed relationships, childhood struggles....

Charles Soludo 1 1 Charles Soludo 1 1
News10 hours ago

Anambra New Burial Law, Bans Presentation of Cows, Goats as Condolence Gifts

The Anambra State Government has introduced strict new funeral regulations, banning midweek burials, expensive condolence gifts, wake-keep ceremonies...

JAMB logo JAMB logo
Education10 hours ago

JAMB Releases 279 Withheld UTME Results

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has released 279 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination results that had earlier been withheld for...

trump warn trump warn
News10 hours ago

Nigerians, Others May Be Forced to Leave America as Trump Introduces Fresh Green Card Rule

Donald Trump has directed that Nigerians and other foreign nationals seeking green cards must return to their home countries to...

Boko Haram terror group Boko Haram terror group
News11 hours ago

Oyo Schools Kidnap: Terrorists Open Talks, Give Fresh Condition

Fresh fears have spread across parts of Oyo State after terrorists who abducted pupils and teachers from multiple schools reportedly...

Advertisement