Connect with us

Education

How 14-Year-Old British-Nigerian Student Was Killed In London Sword Attack, Details

Bancroft’s School grieves the loss of Daniel Anjorin, a 14-year-old student killed in a sword attack in London…

Published

on

How 14-Year-Old British-Nigerian Student Was Killed In London Sword Attack, Details
Daniel Anjorin

Bancroft’s School grieves the loss of Daniel Anjorin, a 14-year-old student killed in a sword attack in London, while police provide details of the tragic incident and ongoing investigation.

Bancroft’s School on Wednesday mourned 14-year-old British-Nigerian boy, Daniel Anjorin, who died from injuries sustained during a sword attack in London.

The United Kingdom Metropolitan Police released details of the boy killed in the sword attack on Tuesday and explained more details about how the violence unfolded.

The teenager died on Tuesday morning as he walked to school in Hainault, in the east of Britain’s capital, when he was attacked by a man wielding what appeared to be a Samurai-type sword.

Advertisement

In a statement on their website, the police said they arrested the suspect, a 36-year-old man who remained in custody on suspicion of murder. He had not been named as of Wednesday.

The school attended by Anjorin said in a statement on its website that they had been left in “profound shock and sorrow” at the pupil’s death.

“He was a true scholar, demonstrating commendable dedication to his academic pursuits. His positive nature and gentle character will leave a lasting impact on us,” Bancroft’s, in Woodford Green, near Hainault, wrote.

The police said the horror unfolded just before 7 am when the accused crashed a van into a house fence, hitting a man before stabbing him in the neck.

Advertisement

A 35-year-old man was then attacked inside a nearby property, causing lacerations to his arm.

The suspect then went on to attack Anjorin who, according to the police, tragically died from the injuries.

Police arrived on the scene 12 minutes after the first emergency call and attempted to neutralise the suspect with incapacitant spray and a Taser gun but these had little effect.

The suspect seriously injured two police officers, both of whom required surgery on Tuesday and remained in hospital.

Advertisement

One of the victims, a woman, suffered severe injuries to her arm and nearly lost a hand, the police said.

Before the Wednesday update from the police, Prime Minister Rishi Sunak condemned the attack on X.

“This is a shocking incident. My thoughts are with those affected and their families,” he wrote on Tuesday.

He thanked the emergency services for their response and paid tribute to the bravery shown by police on the scene.

Advertisement

Some Nigerians have taken to X, formerly Twitter, to mourn the deceased and console the family. “You did not deserve this, Daniel,” @Ttall posted on Wednesday. @samuelkasumu said Anjorin had his whole life ahead of him, saying he “can’t stop thinking about Daniel and his family. If our hearts are broken, how much more theirs?”

Another user, @melissasigodo, urged sympathisers to keep the deceased’s family in prayer.

“Daniel Anjorin, 14, died in hospital after being stabbed in Hainault. Please keep Mrs Anjorin, her husband and their other children in your prayers,” the user wrote on X.

whatsapp chat for versenews

Stay ahead with VerseNews. Get the latest breaking news, insightful analysis, and trending stories. Your go-to source for timely updates and unbiased reporting.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WATCH: Nigeria Newspaper Headline Today

Apply For Latest Job Openings

Trending

woman cries woman cries
News1 week ago

My Husband Makes Love From Midnight Till Dawn’ — Kaduna Woman Seeks divorce

A 37-year-old woman, Linda Stephen, has asked a Kaduna Customary Court to dissolve her six-year marriage,

peller peller
Entertainment1 week ago

Peller Faces Possible Ban as Nigerians Mass-Report His 9.6M TikTok Account

Popular TikToker Peller faces mass reports on his 9.6M-followers TikTok account after criticizing Nigerians for ranting about the government online.

NYSC dancing NYSC dancing
Education1 week ago

BREAKING: NYSC Begins Payment of N77,000 Monthly Allowance To Corps Members

The Federal Government has begun paying the N77,000 monthly NYSC allowance after a six-month delay, with some corps members confirming...

Timi Dakolo and Femi Lazarus Timi Dakolo and Femi Lazarus
Celebrity Gist1 week ago

How Apostle Femi Lazarus Is Selling Gift of Spirit God Gave Him for Free – Timi Dakolo

Timi Dakolo criticized Apostle Femi Lazarus for condemning gospel artistes who charge for ministrations while running a paid ministry school.

peter obi and tinubu peter obi and tinubu
Politics1 week ago

Presidency Warns Peter Obi Over ‘Collapsed Democracy’ Comment

Presidency dismissed Peter Obi’s claim that Nigeria’s democracy has collapsed, calling it exaggerated and baseless.

donald trump donald trump
World News1 week ago

Trump announces 25% tariff on countries buying Venezuelan oil

Trump announced a 25% tariff on countries purchasing Venezuelan oil, citing Venezuela's alleged hostility and criminal infiltration.

enugu imo police enugu imo police
News1 week ago

Anambra, Enugu Police Join Forces to Crush Border Crimes

The Anambra and Enugu State Police Commands have joined forces to combat cross-border crimes by sharing intelligence and resources.

airport airport
News1 week ago

US Warns Nigerians, Threatens Permanent Bans from Entering Country

The US has warned Nigerian travelers that overstaying their visas could result in a permanent ban from re-entering the country.

senator natasha akpoti senator natasha akpoti
Politics1 week ago

Plot to Remove Suspended Senator Natasha Deepens as Constituents File Recall Petition

Some constituents of Kogi Central have petitioned INEC to recall suspended Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, citing loss of confidence and misconduct.

surgery surgery
News1 week ago

Lagos to Sponsor Open-Heart Surgeries Worth ₦8.5 Million Each for 30 Indigent Patients

The Lagos State Government will provide free open-heart surgeries for 30 indigent patients, fully funded by Governor Sanwo-Olu.

Advertisement