Connect with us

News

Julius Berger Hands Over Second Niger Bridge To FG

The Federal Government has taken over the 2nd Niger Bridge from the contractor, Julius Berger.

Published

on

Second Niger Bridge VerseNews
Second Niger Bridge

The Federal Government has taken over the 2nd Niger Bridge from the contractor, Julius Berger.

VerseNews reports that the Minister of Works, David Umahi, while addressing journalists, shortly after he was conducted around the bridge said that he was satisfied with the level of work done.

Umahi was led round the bridge by the Managing Director of Julius Berger, Dr Lars Richter.

Advertisement

The minister commended the previous and present administration for doing a lot to bring the work to a conclusion.

He added that President Bola Tinubu was very committed to the project, adding that the Federal Government has plans to build service stations, filling stations, restaurants and supermarkets and other facilities as seen in the Western world.

He said, “We have light issues and we have put things together on how to permanently have lights restored, especially at night. What we have agreed is to deploy solar solutions in the coming weeks so that every night we don’t have to run diesel.

“The roads are going to be completed when we have completed the two interchanges, one is taking us off from Asaba town to cut off the traffic and the other one is going to be done by Reynolds Construction Company Ltd to avoid Onitsha town and take you straight to Obosi.

Advertisement

“President Bola Tinubu is very committed to the project, we are going to acquire more and so that we can build service stations, filling stations, restaurants and supermarkets and other facilities as we see in the Western world.

The minister pointed out that closed-circuit cameras would be installed at the facility including security personnel and surveillance and patrol every five minutes to enhance security on the bridge.

Advertisement

The Managing Director of Julius Berger, Richter, earlier in his speech, said the event was a technical handover after the project was inaugurated by the former administration.

WhatsAppCOnnect

Stay ahead with VerseNews. Get the latest breaking news, insightful analysis, and trending stories. Your go-to source for timely updates and unbiased reporting.

Advertisement
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

WATCH: Nigeria Newspaper Headline Today

Apply For Latest Job Openings

Trending

Bruno Bruno
Sports1 day ago

Man United Captain Bruno Fernandes Wins Premier League Player of the Season

Manchester United captain Bruno Fernandes has been crowned Premier League Player of the Season...

Rotimi Amaechi ADC Rotimi Amaechi ADC
Politics1 day ago

I’m the Most Experienced, Most Electable Candidate in ADC — Amaechi

Former Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi has declared himself the most qualified presidential aspirant in the African Democratic Congress ahead...

Abia Governor Alex Otti Abia Governor Alex Otti
News1 day ago

‘Abia Under Me Has Changed Completely’ – Alex Otti Reveals Major Achievements After Three Years in Office

Abia State Governor Alex Otti says his administration has constructed over 400 roads across the state and reduced Abia’s debt...

460840885 1330647207915400 3100274530716194674 n 460840885 1330647207915400 3100274530716194674 n
Entertainment1 day ago

‘I Started Smoking in JSS3’ — Ebuka Opens Up on 13-Year Addiction Battle

Media personality Ebuka Obi-Uchendu has opened up about his long battle with smoking addiction.

hunger woman hunger woman
News1 day ago

35 Million Nigerians Risk Acute Hunger in Coming Months — UN Warns

The United Nations on Friday warned that about 35 million Nigerians are at risk of acute hunger from June to...

ahmusys ahmusys
Entertainment1 day ago

‘Why I Froze My Eggs at 30’ — Ashmusy Reveals

Nigerian content creator Ashmusy has opened up about freezing her eggs, failed relationships, childhood struggles....

Charles Soludo 1 1 Charles Soludo 1 1
News1 day ago

Anambra New Burial Law, Bans Presentation of Cows, Goats as Condolence Gifts

The Anambra State Government has introduced strict new funeral regulations, banning midweek burials, expensive condolence gifts, wake-keep ceremonies...

JAMB logo JAMB logo
Education1 day ago

JAMB Releases 279 Withheld UTME Results

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has released 279 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination results that had earlier been withheld for...

trump warn trump warn
News1 day ago

Nigerians, Others May Be Forced to Leave America as Trump Introduces Fresh Green Card Rule

Donald Trump has directed that Nigerians and other foreign nationals seeking green cards must return to their home countries to...

Boko Haram terror group Boko Haram terror group
News1 day ago

Oyo Schools Kidnap: Terrorists Open Talks, Give Fresh Condition

Fresh fears have spread across parts of Oyo State after terrorists who abducted pupils and teachers from multiple schools reportedly...

Advertisement