Connect with us

Tech

Musk Offers Legal Aid For Users In Trouble At Work Over X Posts

Users, including many celebrities and others in the public eye, have occasionally found themselves in hot water with their employers over

Published

on

WhatsApp Image 2023 08 06 at 16.31.56
Twitter X Logo

Elon Musk on Saturday said his social media company X would provide monetary legal aid to users who face blowback from their bosses over posts on the platform.

VerseNews Nigeria gathered that users, including many celebrities and others in the public eye, have occasionally found themselves in hot water with their employers over controversial things they have posted, liked, or retweeted on the platform, which was formerly known as Twitter.

“If you were unfairly treated by your employer due to posting or liking something on this platform, we will fund your legal bill,” he wrote on the site.

“No limit. Please let us know.”

Advertisement

Musk gave no details on how users could claim their money.

Since the tycoon bought the social media platform for $44 billion last October, its advertising business has collapsed, in part because of its looser approach to blocking hate speech, and the return of previously banned far-right accounts.

Musk has repeatedly cited a desire for free speech as motivating his changes, and lashed out at what he sees as the threat posed to free expression by changing cultural sensitivities.

According to nonprofit organisation the Center for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH), hate speech has flourished at the platform.

Advertisement

DON’T MISS: How To Sign Up To Threads, Link Your Instagram Account

X has disputed the findings and is suing the CCDH.

In December, Musk reinstated former US president Donald Trump’s Twitter account, although Trump has yet to return to the platform.

The ex-president was banned from Twitter in early 2021 for his role in the January 6 attack on the US Capitol by a group of his supporters seeking to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

Advertisement

X recently reinstated rapper and designer Kanye West around eight months after his account was suspended, according to media reports.

Last fall, West, who now goes professionally by Ye, posted an image that appeared to show a swastika interlaced with a Star of David, and Musk suspended the artist from the platform.

Stay ahead with VerseNews. Get the latest breaking news, insightful analysis, and trending stories. Your go-to source for timely updates and unbiased reporting.

Advertisement
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

WATCH: Nigeria Newspaper Headline Today

Apply For Latest Job Openings

Trending

trumpppp trumpppp
News1 day ago

US Slaps Terror, Cyber Sanctions on Nigerians, Freezes their Assets (Full List)

The United States has sanctioned more than 20 Nigerians and several organisations over alleged ties to terrorism and cybercrime,

Toke Makinwa Toke Makinwa
Entertainment1 day ago

‘Why I Stopped Paying Tithes to Churches’ – Toke Makinwa (Video)

Media personality Toke Makinwa says she no longer pays tithes to churches, choosing instead to support individuals, hospitals, and maternity...

nigerian army w nigerian army w
News1 day ago

BREAKING: National Assembly Approves N1.50trn 2026 Budget for Nigerian Army

The National Assembly has approved a N1.50 trillion allocation for the Nigerian Army in 2026.

54 Individuals 54 Individuals
News4 days ago

IPOB Issues Global Directive Over Nnamdi Kanu’s Medical, Legal Support (Full Details)

IPOB has issued an internal memo calling for global support for Nnamdi Kanu’s medical treatment and legal defence.

happy valentines day happy valentines day
Relationship4 days ago

Happy Valentine: 120 Valentine’s Day Love Messages for Your Wife, Husband, Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Love Ones

Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to express what words often fail to say. These heartfelt love messages will help...

Kanu and Igboho Kanu and Igboho
Politics4 days ago

Sunday Igboho Urges Nnamdi Kanu to Seek Dialogue With Tinubu

Sunday Igboho has praised Nnamdi Kanu for cancelling the Monday sit-at-home in the South-East and urged the IPOB leader to...

UK Home visa UK Home visa
World News4 days ago

UK to End Physical Visa Documents, Introduce eVisas for Eligible Visitors

The UK has announced a shift to digital immigration records, with visa-required visitors set to receive eVisas instead of physical...

Police Police
News4 days ago

Imo Police Dismiss Three Officers Over Kidnapping, Robbery

Three officers of the Imo State Police Command have been dismissed and detained over alleged kidnapping and armed robbery.

inec amupitan inec amupitan
Politics4 days ago

INEC Proposes Nearly ₦874bn Budget for 2027 General Elections

INEC has proposed a ₦873.778 billion budget for the 2027 general elections, separate from its ₦171 billion 2026 operational budget,

INECVerseNewsNG15 INECVerseNewsNG15
Politics4 days ago

INEC Releases Timetable for 2027 General Elections, Sets Dates For Presidential And Governorship Elections

INEC has fixed the presidential and National Assembly elections for early 2027...

Advertisement