Connect with us

Sports

‘People Of Naples Fuels My Fire’, Osimhen Releases Statement Over TikTok Gaffe

The video featured a high-pitched voice in the background shouting, “gimme penalty please.”…

Published

on

Osimhenstatement
Victor Osimhen

Victor Osimhen has reiterated his loyalty to Napoli, describing his journey in the Italian city of Naples, Italy as exciting. 

VerseNews had earlier reported that a video was posted on Napoli’s verified TikTok handle openly mocking Osimhen for missing a penalty against Bologna.

The video featured a high-pitched voice in the background shouting, “gimme penalty please.” A subsequent video drew comparisons between Osimhen and a coconut

Advertisement

While the club has issued a statement maintaining the video post was not intended to hurt their treasured star, many fans criticised Napoli for the development.

Though the Nigerian had been silent on the matter, he finally commented on the matter and pledged his commitment to the Serie A champions.

“Coming to the City of Naples in 2020 was a wonderful decision for me. The People of Napoli have shown me so much love and kindness, and I will not allow anyone to come between us,” he wrote on Instagram Sunday.

“The passion of the People of Naples fuels my fire to always play with my heart and soul, and the love for the badge is unwavering as I wear it with pride”.

Advertisement

“The accusations against the People of Naples are untrue. I have a lot of friends who are Napolitans and have become part of my family and everyday life. I appreciate Nigerians and everyone for lending their voices to support and reach out to me”.

“I’m forever grateful. Let’s support unity, respect, and understanding. FORZA NAPOLI SEMPRE ⚪️🔵.”

Before now, Osimhen, who led the club to their first-ever league title in three decades, deleted all Napoli-related content on his Instagram handle.

Advertisement

His agent had also threatened legal action against Napoli.

“What happened today on Napoli’s official profile on the TikTok platform is not acceptable. A video mocking Victor was first made public and then, but now belatedly, deleted,” Roberto Calenda said on Twitter, now called X, late on Tuesday evening.

“(It is) A serious fact that causes very serious damage to the player and adds to the treatment that the boy is suffering in the last period between media trials and fake news. We reserve the right to take legal action and any useful initiative to protect Victor.”

The Nigerian government also pledged to seek diplomatic means to resolve the impasse.

Advertisement

Stay ahead with VerseNews. Get the latest breaking news, insightful analysis, and trending stories. Your go-to source for timely updates and unbiased reporting.

Advertisement
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

WATCH: Nigeria Newspaper Headline Today

Apply For Latest Job Openings

Trending

Bruno Bruno
Sports10 hours ago

Man United Captain Bruno Fernandes Wins Premier League Player of the Season

Manchester United captain Bruno Fernandes has been crowned Premier League Player of the Season...

Rotimi Amaechi ADC Rotimi Amaechi ADC
Politics10 hours ago

I’m the Most Experienced, Most Electable Candidate in ADC — Amaechi

Former Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi has declared himself the most qualified presidential aspirant in the African Democratic Congress ahead...

Abia Governor Alex Otti Abia Governor Alex Otti
News10 hours ago

‘Abia Under Me Has Changed Completely’ – Alex Otti Reveals Major Achievements After Three Years in Office

Abia State Governor Alex Otti says his administration has constructed over 400 roads across the state and reduced Abia’s debt...

460840885 1330647207915400 3100274530716194674 n 460840885 1330647207915400 3100274530716194674 n
Entertainment11 hours ago

‘I Started Smoking in JSS3’ — Ebuka Opens Up on 13-Year Addiction Battle

Media personality Ebuka Obi-Uchendu has opened up about his long battle with smoking addiction.

hunger woman hunger woman
News12 hours ago

35 Million Nigerians Risk Acute Hunger in Coming Months — UN Warns

The United Nations on Friday warned that about 35 million Nigerians are at risk of acute hunger from June to...

ahmusys ahmusys
Entertainment12 hours ago

‘Why I Froze My Eggs at 30’ — Ashmusy Reveals

Nigerian content creator Ashmusy has opened up about freezing her eggs, failed relationships, childhood struggles....

Charles Soludo 1 1 Charles Soludo 1 1
News13 hours ago

Anambra New Burial Law, Bans Presentation of Cows, Goats as Condolence Gifts

The Anambra State Government has introduced strict new funeral regulations, banning midweek burials, expensive condolence gifts, wake-keep ceremonies...

JAMB logo JAMB logo
Education13 hours ago

JAMB Releases 279 Withheld UTME Results

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has released 279 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination results that had earlier been withheld for...

trump warn trump warn
News13 hours ago

Nigerians, Others May Be Forced to Leave America as Trump Introduces Fresh Green Card Rule

Donald Trump has directed that Nigerians and other foreign nationals seeking green cards must return to their home countries to...

Boko Haram terror group Boko Haram terror group
News14 hours ago

Oyo Schools Kidnap: Terrorists Open Talks, Give Fresh Condition

Fresh fears have spread across parts of Oyo State after terrorists who abducted pupils and teachers from multiple schools reportedly...

Advertisement