Connect with us

News

Abuja Firm Files A ‘Save Our Soul’ Complaint Against Wike Over Building Demolition

The Building is next to the Abuja residence of the Chief of Staff to the President, Femi Gbajabiamila

Published

on

SERAP Gives Wike, Sani Others 7 Days To Account For N5.9trn, $4.6bn Loans
FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike

An Abuja firm, Shrodder Nigeria Limited, has sent a “Save our Soul” message to President Tinubu over the demolishing of its building by Wike.

The Building is next to the Abuja residence of the Chief of Staff to the President, Femi Gbajabiamila.

VerseNews reports that the company, in a letter dated September 26, accused the Minister of the Federal Capital Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, of acting with impunity and in total disregard of a valid order of court.

Advertisement

The demolished property is located within the Cadastral Zone of the Maitama District, Abuja.The dispute over the land began last year, October 4, when the former Minister of the FCT, Mallam Muhammad Bello and officials of the Federal Capital Development Authority invaded the property.

It was gathered that a day after the invasion, on October 5, the then Minister gave an order to the FCDA sealing off the property and also deposited a detachment of mobile policemen to lock out construction workers from gaining entry into the property.

According to documents, the sealing-off of the property was without prior notice of infraction.Consequently, the owners of the property caused a legal action of trespass and unlawful occupation against the Minister of the FCT and the FCDA, in suit number FCT/HC/CV/3449/2022 between Shrodder Njgeria Limited and Minister of FCT before Justice Abubakar Musa of High Court of the FCT.

In his judgment on April 4, this year, Justice Musa restrained the defendants from further interfering with the 1st Claimant’s lawful use, quiet possession, occupation of the plot.

Advertisement

According to the court, the forceful take over and occupation of the property by the defendants of the plot on October 5, 2022 constitutes an act of trespass.“That the defendants are hereby ordered to vacate with immediate effect, the Claimant’s property, unseal the property and to remove forthwith the mobile policemen they had unlawfully and illegally installed on the property since on the 5th day of October, 2022”, the judge held.

It was gathered that neither the Minister of the FCT nor the FCDA appealed the judgment of the High Court.Although the FCDA refused to comply with the order of the court in removing the seal order on the property, a new twist was made to the controversy when on September 19, the new Minister of the FCT, Wike invaded the property with bulldozers to bring it down.

The action by Wike was said to be devoid of a prior notice of demolition and in direct violation of the April 4, 2023 judgment of a court on the matter.The expansive property, which is a next-door neighbour to Gbajabiamila, was eventually brought down on Thursday, 28 September.

Advertisement

Sources who worked on the property said the property had been there long before Gbajabiamila assumed occupancy of his ultra modern property in 2019, when he was Speaker of the House of Representatives.

It was also gathered that the topmost floor of the property, before it was pulled down, was said to be overlooking the private swimming pool on Gbajabiamila’s property.

Stay ahead with VerseNews. Get the latest breaking news, insightful analysis, and trending stories. Your go-to source for timely updates and unbiased reporting.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WATCH: Nigeria Newspaper Headline Today

Apply For Latest Job Openings

Trending

woman cries woman cries
News1 week ago

My Husband Makes Love From Midnight Till Dawn’ — Kaduna Woman Seeks divorce

A 37-year-old woman, Linda Stephen, has asked a Kaduna Customary Court to dissolve her six-year marriage,

peller peller
Entertainment1 week ago

Peller Faces Possible Ban as Nigerians Mass-Report His 9.6M TikTok Account

Popular TikToker Peller faces mass reports on his 9.6M-followers TikTok account after criticizing Nigerians for ranting about the government online.

NYSC dancing NYSC dancing
Education1 week ago

BREAKING: NYSC Begins Payment of N77,000 Monthly Allowance To Corps Members

The Federal Government has begun paying the N77,000 monthly NYSC allowance after a six-month delay, with some corps members confirming...

Timi Dakolo and Femi Lazarus Timi Dakolo and Femi Lazarus
Celebrity Gist2 weeks ago

How Apostle Femi Lazarus Is Selling Gift of Spirit God Gave Him for Free – Timi Dakolo

Timi Dakolo criticized Apostle Femi Lazarus for condemning gospel artistes who charge for ministrations while running a paid ministry school.

peter obi and tinubu peter obi and tinubu
Politics2 weeks ago

Presidency Warns Peter Obi Over ‘Collapsed Democracy’ Comment

Presidency dismissed Peter Obi’s claim that Nigeria’s democracy has collapsed, calling it exaggerated and baseless.

donald trump donald trump
World News2 weeks ago

Trump announces 25% tariff on countries buying Venezuelan oil

Trump announced a 25% tariff on countries purchasing Venezuelan oil, citing Venezuela's alleged hostility and criminal infiltration.

enugu imo police enugu imo police
News2 weeks ago

Anambra, Enugu Police Join Forces to Crush Border Crimes

The Anambra and Enugu State Police Commands have joined forces to combat cross-border crimes by sharing intelligence and resources.

airport airport
News2 weeks ago

US Warns Nigerians, Threatens Permanent Bans from Entering Country

The US has warned Nigerian travelers that overstaying their visas could result in a permanent ban from re-entering the country.

senator natasha akpoti senator natasha akpoti
Politics2 weeks ago

Plot to Remove Suspended Senator Natasha Deepens as Constituents File Recall Petition

Some constituents of Kogi Central have petitioned INEC to recall suspended Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, citing loss of confidence and misconduct.

surgery surgery
News2 weeks ago

Lagos to Sponsor Open-Heart Surgeries Worth ₦8.5 Million Each for 30 Indigent Patients

The Lagos State Government will provide free open-heart surgeries for 30 indigent patients, fully funded by Governor Sanwo-Olu.

Advertisement