Connect with us

News

Julius Berger Hands Over Second Niger Bridge To FG

The Federal Government has taken over the 2nd Niger Bridge from the contractor, Julius Berger.

Published

on

Second Niger Bridge VerseNews
Second Niger Bridge

The Federal Government has taken over the 2nd Niger Bridge from the contractor, Julius Berger.

VerseNews reports that the Minister of Works, David Umahi, while addressing journalists, shortly after he was conducted around the bridge said that he was satisfied with the level of work done.

Umahi was led round the bridge by the Managing Director of Julius Berger, Dr Lars Richter.

Advertisement

The minister commended the previous and present administration for doing a lot to bring the work to a conclusion.

He added that President Bola Tinubu was very committed to the project, adding that the Federal Government has plans to build service stations, filling stations, restaurants and supermarkets and other facilities as seen in the Western world.

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU  Resident Doctors Meet Over FG's Failed Promise

He said, “We have light issues and we have put things together on how to permanently have lights restored, especially at night. What we have agreed is to deploy solar solutions in the coming weeks so that every night we don’t have to run diesel.

“The roads are going to be completed when we have completed the two interchanges, one is taking us off from Asaba town to cut off the traffic and the other one is going to be done by Reynolds Construction Company Ltd to avoid Onitsha town and take you straight to Obosi.

Advertisement

“President Bola Tinubu is very committed to the project, we are going to acquire more and so that we can build service stations, filling stations, restaurants and supermarkets and other facilities as we see in the Western world.

The minister pointed out that closed-circuit cameras would be installed at the facility including security personnel and surveillance and patrol every five minutes to enhance security on the bridge.

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU  BREAKING: 25 Abducted Kebbi Schoolgirls Regain Freedom

Advertisement

The Managing Director of Julius Berger, Richter, earlier in his speech, said the event was a technical handover after the project was inaugurated by the former administration.

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU  Mary Habila: Legal Advice Raises Fresh Questions Over Umahi Aide's Mysterious Death
WhatsAppCOnnect

Stay ahead with VerseNews. Get the latest breaking news, insightful analysis, and trending stories. Your go-to source for timely updates and unbiased reporting.

Advertisement
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

WATCH: Nigeria Newspaper Headline Today

Apply For Latest Job Openings

Trending

HP3WiXtWsAIGqlS 560x536 1 HP3WiXtWsAIGqlS 560x536 1
Big Brother Naija1 day ago

BBNaija Season 11: Kamsy Evicted as 15 Nominated Housemates Survive Surprise Eviction

Big Brother Naija Season 11 delivered another surprise on Sunday night as only one housemate, Kamsy, was evicted despite 16...

WhatsApp Image 2026 08 16 at 13.37.03 1 WhatsApp Image 2026 08 16 at 13.37.03 1
News1 day ago

EXCLUSIVE: Israeli TV Demands Britain Abandon Nigeria, Calls for Biafran Freedom – Abuja in Meltdown

Israeli Channel 14 has reportedly called for Israeli government action on Biafra, urging Britain to end its alleged support for...

arsenal mancity arsenal mancity
Sports1 day ago

Arsenal Humiliate Man City 3-0 in Community Shield, Send Warning Ahead of Premier League Title Defence

Arsenal delivered a stunning statement ahead of the new Premier League season, sweeping aside Manchester City 3-0 in the Community...

adeleke sister adeleke sister
Politics1 day ago

WATCH: Emotional Moment Adeleke Prostrates Before Elder Sister After Osun Re-election

A video showing Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke prostrating before his elder sister, Chief Dr. Modupeola Adeleke-Sanni, popularly known as...

KEYAMO KEYAMO
Politics1 day ago

‘Agreement Is Agreement’, Keyamo Tells Adeleke After Osun Election Victory

Aviation Minister Festus Keyamo has congratulated Governor Ademola Adeleke on his re-election in Osun State, describing the victory as historic...

irannn irannn
World News1 day ago

Iran Offers $30,000 Bounty for Killing or Capturing US Soldiers, Doubles Reward for Women

Iran’s military has announced a $30,000 bounty for anyone who kills or captures a US soldier and hands them over...

tinubu adeleke tinubu adeleke
Politics1 day ago

Tinubu Congratulates Adeleke on Osun Victory, Says Result Shows Democracy Is Flourishing

President Bola Tinubu has congratulated Governor Ademola Adeleke on his re-election as Osun State governor...

adeleke wins adeleke wins
Politics2 days ago

BREAKING: Adeleke Wins Osun Governorship Election, Defeats APC’s Oyebamiji (Full Results)

Governor Ademola Adeleke has been declared the winner of the Osun State governorship election after securing 511,067 votes across the...

President Tinubu To Temporarily Halt Import Duties On Food, Drugs President Tinubu To Temporarily Halt Import Duties On Food, Drugs
Politics3 days ago

Tinubu Dragged to Court, Faces Disqualification From 2027 Presidential Election Over Alleged Forged NYSC Certificate

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has asked the Federal High Court in Abuja to disqualify President Bola Tinubu from contesting...

image 32 image 32
Entertainment3 days ago

‘I Did Not Create Myself’ — Man With Female-Breasts Like Chest Speaks Out Against Body Shaming (Video)

A slim man with prominent breasts has spoken out against body shaming, questioning why he is criticised for going topless...

Advertisement